top of page
How to cook a turkey in a kiln
1. Build kiln posts and shelves up to a height that is comfortable to load and unload the turkey.
2. Prepare your turkey in a covered (keep out any flying glaze particles) roasting pan - ours was a 13 pound turkey with butter, olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary.
3. Place covered roasting pan on shelf.
4. Program your kiln. Here is how we did it:
Hold 3.00 (adjust depending on the size of your turkey)
Alrm 9999 (standard)
5. Press start.
6. At the end of the program, we checked the turkey with a meat thermometer.
note: this method is not endorsed by SKUTT
bottom of page